While installing windows 7 (32 bit) on a hp Compaq laptop. In black screen the error message was coming like.
Windows failed to start.A recent hardware or software change might be the cause .To fix the problem.
- Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
- Choose your language settings ,and then click “Next.”
- Click “Repair your computer.”
If you do not have this disc,contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.
Info: Windows failed to load because the firmware(BIOS) is not ACPI compatible.
In google search Solutions were found in many web sites, and most posts were referring to ‘BIOS setting for ACPI (Advanced Programmable Interrupt Controller) not being enabled’.
ACPI setting Enable Disable process.
- Go to the BIOS configuration.
- Select ACPI setting Under the Power options .
- Enable (or disable) the ACPI setting (change its state). do this and try again.
If issues persist ,do this
- Reinstall clean windows 7 .Before Reset BIOS settings to default , save changes and retry the operation. (this Worked for me to solved this error)